Sunday, June 28, 2009

Life and Business

Since life and business go hand in hand, let's talk about life today.

I'd like to recommend some books, studies, and websites with helpful information. There are some things I learned through these options that I wish I had known sooner. Some things I learned years ago but did not necessarily use the information wisely or at all - very foolish. It's like the old saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" - (old proverb dating back to at least 1546 - found in a book by John Heywood).

  • Donna Partow's Becoming the Woman I Want To Be - A 90 Day Journey to Renewing SPIRIT . SOUL. & BODY. I started this book two or three years ago and found it very helpful. I was working at it on my own and let ????? who knows what (maybe things that were too challenging for me at the time?) get in the way and put the book aside for a while (LOL). Donna will be teaching/leading this study via Facebook under 'groups' - tentative starting date (by my calculations) - July 20, 2009. This is a study that you can join at any time (meaning you do not have to begin on the first day) and still be 'in sync' with the study. Go to http://1shoppingcart.com/app/?af=968350 to join or to see other materials available from Donna.
  • Donna Partow's Becoming the Woman God Wants Me To Be - A 90-Day Guide To Living The Proverbs 31 Life. This study has been done twice on Facebook since the first of this year. The first time was a free study, which nearly 3000 women joined (I think men can benefit from reading this book as well). There was a charge for the second session (which was well worth it), and there was (is - it is still going on) a very good, core group participating. This study covers so many things most of us struggle with and gives good strategies for moving forward in our relationship with God and in our daily lives including strategies for MULTIPLE STREAMS OF INCOME to generate additional income for our families. Interested persons can still join the open group and benefit from the information in the book, the archived videos and teleseminars, and by reading the posts from women who participated when the study was actively going on.
  • Rosey Dow - Check out http://roseydow.com and www.roseydow.com/category/frugal-lifestyle/. I met Rosey during the first 90 Day Study and have gotten to know her better through her website and assistance she is giving me in my business - www.myefusjon.com/lynnked. Rosey is a multi-talented woman - author, very savvy internet marketer, founder of Frugal Lifestyle and much more.
  • This morning I came across an article entitled - Cheap and nontoxic ways to get rid of bugs - By Huddler's Green Home Community. This article gives ways to keep bugs such as ANTs, WASPs, and SLUGs away using cheap, nontoxic ways. This is a recent blog you can find on their home page - http://green.yahoo.com/blog/huddlergreenhome
  • Continued: or go to http://green.yahoo.com/blog/huddlergreenhome/38/cheap-and-nontoxic-ways-to-get-rid-of-bugs.html;_ylt=AuxnL2gO9ltORd1tCXKkLWaCfNd for the article.
That's it for now. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment