Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Something Beautiful - God's Amazing Creation

I know there is beauty all around us, but we (I) often do not take the time to notice it. The beautiful things of life are sometimes overlooked - sometimes until it is too late.

This week I had the privilege of seeing something that I found to be truly beautiful - breathtaking! I may have walked past it many times without noticing it, or past something very similar to it; however, fortunately, a little boy took the time to make sure that the busy adults took notice of this beautiful creature.

This is what I am talking about -

The coloring is so striking, so fantastic, that the caterpillar doesn't look real.

As you can see, the caterpillar has broad black bands with more narrow pale yellow stripes. Its head, tail (back end) and under parts (feet) are orange. It eats leaves and spends a lot of time crawling around among the leaves and up and down the strong stems/branches that are in the bottle He moves very quickly and has no fear of people.

Here's a close-up with good lighting -

I've always said that the miracle of a baby should be all the proof anyone needs to know that God exists. I think this little caterpillar is further proof that there is a magnificent God who created all living things. No big bang or theory of evolution could have set in motion the beauty and the wonder of life that we have on earth. Yes, we have messed it up; but God's creation was perfect and as we look around us we find glimpses of that beauty, that perfection, to remind of of Him.

Blessings to all!
I hope yo enjoy the pictures; by the way, his name is Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment